Monday, January 25, 2010

Looking for a Real Estate Agent...

Let me tell you a little story about this uber sweet Real Estate Agent I know.  Stephanie Dawson [www.listedbystephanie.com] has been such a blessing in my life. I am happy that not only is she my customer, she is a friend. While we are not in the market for a new home, Stephanie took time out of her busy schedule to show me a special house. Recently my sister drove by my Grandmother's old home (she passed away in 1997) and saw that it was for sale. This home is so much of who my Grandma was for me -  I had wanted to purchase the house when she passed but being just out of high school that wasn't really an option. When I mentioned to Stephanie that the house was for sale and I had inquired about an open house with the listing agent. I didn't want to waste anyone's time seeing as I wouldn't be purchasing the house. Stephanie then volunteered to take me over to walk through it. I was so touched. Below are some pictures that I took that day and I will forever treasure.

Thank you Stephanie!



The boys had so much fun!  I wish they could have had the chance to meet their Great Grandma.

Grandma was always handy, a wood worker, crafty, etc.  This floor is something that stuck for me.  Before she got sick she put in this "wood" floor in the back bedroom.  This is not your ordinary wood floor.  It is actually a sheet of plywood that she painstakingly burned the planks into.  Can imagine the hours she sat burning lines into the plywood?!  I couldn't believe it was still there 10 years later. Much of the house was the same, which made it feel like she had just left.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful day that must have been for you. I'm so happy that you got to relive some very special memories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...