Sunday, December 18, 2011

Rock the Block - Perfect for Ornaments

Our new special "Rock the Block" starts today. Place a minimum order of $25 from the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea book and get two new products for just $15; an exclusive My Acrylix Rock the Block E-size stamp set and the My Creations Collage Cubes ( a new Spring/Summer 2012 sneak-peek product).
With My Creations Collage Cubes and coordinating stamp set, one of the project I created are ornaments for our Christmas tree. The blocks are made of sturdy light weight chipboard, so they won't weigh your branches down and will last for years to come.

To cover the cubes I painted each side with mod podge, laid it down on the paper (I used the Elemental Paper Packet), gave it a minute to dry and then cut off the excess paper using my cutting knife.  After I applied all the base paper, I went over the seems with a little more mod podge, after all my ornaments are likely going to be handle by my kids over and over again. To personalize each ornament I cut out initials (and a couple of flowers) with my Art Philosophy cartridge, added a fitting stamp from the Rock the Block stamp set  and two darling photos.

Christmas day I'll be taking our big family photo and I can't wait to order another Rock the Block set to make our annual ornaments for the family!



2 comments:

  1. Love your ornaments Christine!! Great job! I have created a list of inspiring "Rock the Block" artwork on my blog and have included a link to your blog. Hope you don't mind.
    You can find my post here:
    http://carlacreates.blogspot.com/2011/12/rock-block.html

    Thanks for inspiring!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful artwork. I shared a link to your post on my blog today. I hope you don't mind. Check out my post here: http://iotamaker.blogspot.com/2011/12/rock-block-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...