Saturday, June 13, 2009

Counting My Blessings


This was a shot I captured today on our journey to check out a "great deal" (will post more on that later when I have pictures). We visited a park where Conner was thrilled to see a miniature train giving rides. Conner had a blast...Blake on the other hand lost it before the train even took off. It was a long day, but so much fun!

Anyhow when I first saw this picture I didn't think too much and then several sayings came to mind. So, I spent some time playing with it and am toying with the idea of creating a wall canvas of it. Every where I go, I have been checking out artwork to grace our walls, looking for pieces that pull me emotionally. There have been things here and there with a little pull, but more and more I am thinking that I need to create my pieces (nothing too lose really - could save quite a bit of money in the end). This piece still has some tweaking: may change the sayings (let me count the ways I love you or something else) and I am pretty sure I'll be changing the font. ;)

Can't wait to pull my piano in and get some key shots - might try to come up with three square shots to hang over it. The creative wheels are turning!

5 comments:

  1. This is a very touching photo...it would be a nice addition to anyone's home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo and I think it's perfect as is! How lucky you were to capture it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. The saying is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I think it'll make a wonderful art piece for the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine....I think you should DEFINITELY use the saying that's on there...."count your blessings" it's short yet dramatic!!! The innocence of this picture and MOUND of rocks that your son is stacking brings tears to my eyes just thinking of all the blessings people are given and we too often take for granted. Beautiful picture AND saying!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...