Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Garage Living

It has been 11 weeks since we moved into the garage. Some were worried that we would have a rough go at it. Other than being cold when it chills off and dirty (from all the dust), it has not been too bad. I promised Nona I'd share some pictures and so here they are, minus the bed area. We sleep off to the left of the top picture, sectioned off by a curtain. Our beds are in a U shape and right up against eachother. I think the boys like being so close, worries me a bit about having to move into separate bedrooms. Although, I can't wait to have my own room again...scraproom that is, lol. The above picture is of our kitchen (fridge sits off to the left). The sink is in the back right corner. The washer and dryer are not hooked up, Brian's Mom has been doing our laundry (heaven sent). Funny thing about cooking in the garage, to run any devices (micro/toaster/burner) we have to turn off nearly everything else. I ended up buying a battery back up for my computer, because we blew the breaker so often and it was hurting it.


This is my scrap area. My hubby is so great to me! He actually hung up all my shelves, so that i could stay organized. I also have my paper racks cabinet on the wall behind this area. Surprisingly, I have nearly everything still within reach. I only had to pack a handful of boxes upstairs.

I don't know what I would do without the garage. My mom worked the entire time I was growing up, so I am rather solitary. My family is all in the area and great, but living with them may have sent me over the edge. Building a house is such high stress, being in someone elses space would have been like being in a pressure cooker. Say a few prayers that the house will progress quickly so that we don't have to figure out what to do in the cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...