Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Promise of a unicorn in the mailbox...

My friend Jenn has been teasing me lately about us building our house. It has taken such a long time to make progress and at times never seemed like it was going to happen. She says it is like a unicorn and she'll believe it when she sees it. Last Weds, I had to call her and tell her that I received my unicorn in my mailbox...okay, the promise of a unicorn to be delivered soon. We received our Building Permit Approval letter! Which means that we are ready to start building the house, just as soon as I have our financing in place.

Monday we completed the final tasks required and picked up our actual building permit! It now resides in our hot little hands and is both exciting and scary at the same time.

After spending all day today on the phone with lenders, I will be completing applications tomorrow morning. In the evening we will be meeting with our builder (who is amazing) to discuss our building timeline and get a final cost breakdown. Estimates on demolishing the house: mid May - just a short month away!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...