Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Close To My Heart Tutorial - Love Your Layout

Recently Close To My Heart released a new program for Studio J called "Love Your Layout." Each month they'll feature a new pattern and show us how to create a stunning layout in just minutes. We were among a lucky few given a preview of Mays episode while at Studio J Bootcamp (a full 2 amazing days of Studio J training for Consultants). I couldn't wait to get home watch the episode again and create my own version. I love how it turned out!

Want to know how to create shadowed text? (see "I love this")
  • Use a text/title box to create your desired text.
  • Copy and paste text.
  • Change text color to a color that will either create a shadow (I used Cocoa behind Bamboo) or make it pop with a brighter color behind if on a dark piece of paper (such as Bamboo behind Cocoa instead).
  • Use the arrow keys to nudge the front text to reveal the "shadow/highlight."
Photos by the talented Liz Madsen of Madsen Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...