Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thank you...

Lately when I go out with the boys, I find myself extremely frustrated by the lack of common courtesy. People will see that I have two little ones and cut in front of me, push around or stand and watch me struggle to open a door. On the other hand, my husband and I will go out of our way to help others and make their day a bit easier.

Recently, I have ran in to a couple of people that I'd like to thank...even though they may never read this blog:

Gentleman at McD's yesterday - Thank you for assisting me with my baby into the play area. I appreciate that you saw me struggling to carry a baby carrier with a chubby Blake in it, keep Conner under control and balance a tray with a soda on it AND came over to help however you could!

Sweet Lady at Target (a couple of month's ago) - Thank you for assisting me in getting a box into my cart while I try to keep a pacifier in Blake's mouth to keep him from screaming at the top of his lungs. She actually saw me from 5 aisles away, she was even heading the opposite direction and still she ran over to help me out.

The things may appear so very minor, but I'll tell you. I am still thinking about them and smiling. I challenge you to offer assistance to someone that looks like they could use a hand. Make someone else's day nicer!

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. What happened to common courtesy and manners to fellow mankind? Everyday I am amazed at the lack of concern for the other peson demonstrated on the roads, in the office, at the store... it's great to know there are are a few of us with respect and thoughtfulness for others that give without giving it a second thought. If only the majority of the world practiced a few simple acts of kindness every day... what a better place to live in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post! Thanks for reminding me to think about my actions and how they may affect others...and recognize the kindness of others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way! This post totally reminded me of the Talking Heads song Psycho Killer and the line....I hate people when they're not polite. I love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I couldn't agree more!! The other day I was at Walmart and both boys refused to ride in the cart (something you can look forward to in coming years). So here I am with a child on each side, trying to push the cart and open the door without losing a child. There were 5--yes 5--employees standing there watching and not a one made a move to help with the door. I love it when people are kind and help--I know I always try to. So yeah for McDonalds guy and Target lady!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...