Friday, July 9, 2010

Convention Opening Day (7/8/10)
LOTS OF PHOTOS

So best of intentions - I really thought that I would manage to snap photos and have them up every night for a scheduled blog posting. As you can see the schedule postings happened without daily updates from Convention. I always seem to forget just how busy we are while here. However, tonight I have finally uploaded some photos (hence the repost).

Before we get to the photos from Thursday, I have a few photos left over from Weds. to show. These ladies are just too much fun! This was a rare moment of downtime before Team Meetings.

Tracey Mason, Nona Davenport, Donna Smith & Yulanda
*Tracey won the Album Contest! Congratulations!!

Opening day of Close To My Heart Convention blew our socks off as always. We always wonder if they'll be able to top previous years and without a doubt they did! The schedule at the bottom shows our fun for the day.  Today was my big day to teach Extravaganza (new product demonstrations to approximately 400 Consultants in 8 20 minute sessions). I was so nervous, probably more so than the firs time I did it. The night before I was still up at 2:30am running through my class over and over again in my head.Once the first session was complete the nerves subsided and I am already ready to sign up again next year.I'll be posting my artwork shortly after I return.

Nona Davenport and I

Immediatlely after Extravaganza I had to run back to my room to change for our Director's Dinner. With only 14 minutes to go before being whisked off to a cruise on the Potomac, it was certainly a quick change. While enjoying our meals we were treated to the sights of DC and a chance to mingle with Jeanette, the Corporate staff and other Directors. What a treat!
Myself, Melissa Laverty & Lisa Stenz
Lisa Stenz & Jeanette Lynton (Founder, CEO of CTMH)
Jeanette Lynton (Founder, CEO of CTMH) & Myself
7:00–9:00 amConvention Registration
9:00–11:00 amGeneral Session
11:00 am–1:00 pmLunch - Buttercup Bistro
11:15 am –12:45 pmDisplay Room/Internet Café
11:15 am –12:45 pmSilent Auction Begins
11:15 am –12:45 pmAlbum Contest Voting Begins
1:00–5:00 pmExtravaganza
5:00–10:00 pmDisplay Room/Internet Café
5:00–10:00 pmAlbum Contest Voting
5:00–10:00 pmSilent Auction
5:00–7:30 pmDinner (on own)
6:00–10:30 pmDirectors Dinner
7:30–9:00 pmMix & Mingle

Alright it is time to hit the sack so I am rested and ready for another smashing day (it is already 1am here, who said we get to sleep at Convention?).

4 comments:

  1. Hey there girlfriend! It was sooooo much fun hanging out with you at Convention. I love the picture of Melissa and us. Thanks also for posting the pic of Jeanette and me. I realized when I got home that I didn't have any pictures of me with Jeanette. Looking forward to seeing you next summer in Anaheim! Big Hugs!!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed talking with you at your Extravaganza class - All that Glitters. I was the one who liked your blog and your craft room. Your artwork was beautiful! I look forward to seeing you next year at convention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine...I loved your class at Extravaganza! You did a GREAT job. And that birthday board with those little monsters on it was VERY CUTE! Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job teaching extravaganza. Thank you for your willingness to share your creative ideas with so many. On one of your boards you had a 2 nugget holder/carrier. Would you mind sharing the template for that?
    Thank you!
    Camy
    cdtrigger@msn.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...