Saturday, March 29, 2008

Death & New Life...

What a day today as been. I had intended to get some artwork posted, but keep running into road blocks. This morning I was notified that my Dad passed away unexpectedly. For those of you that don't know me personally, I was not close to my Dad. My parents got divorced when I was little and he never made much of an effort to see me or be involved. Truthfully, I don't think he was capable of it. I was blessed with a step-Dad that is more Dad than I could ever need. However, I am saddened by this loss as it bring an end to the hope that I always had that my Dad would change and have an awakening. He missed out on so much in life, he has eight grandchildren by four wonderful married daughters that he never had a relationship with or knew. At this point I can only hope and pray that he went peacefully and somewhere deep within knew that no matter how much he lacked I did love him.

Just hours later, I received a call from a long time/childhood friend sharing exciting news that she is pregnant! As we have grown up and more of us have had babies, she has felt great despair in not being able to get pregnant and feeling that she would never have a baby of her own.

And my dear Nona is waiting for her blessed baby boy to join their family. We are praying that he comes tonight!

That is the cycle of life isn't it. One dies and another is born or in this case two.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine,

    I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. On the other hand, I'm happy to hear of your friend's news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about the cycle of life. I am sorry to hear about your dad.

    I am happy for you and your friend regarding a new life. All moms know how blessed we are to have children in our lives. They just make life a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your well wishes. It means alot that I have so many wonderful people in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...