Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sample Prints / Fun with Actions

I am so excited and nervous at the same time. Over the course of the last couple of years, I have been encourage to take my photography much more serious. I don't feel as confident as I would like, but then again, we all know I am a perfectionist. Recently, I was approached for a wedding shoot and had to decline due to distance and now I have been approached to take a couple set of family portraits. To prepare myself, I finalized pricing, found a professional printer (you know the ones that the prints have a linen texture) and then played with some new actions by Lollys Playground. For the professional printer, I had to submit 5 samples for them to print. These are the pictures that I selected...


Of course you've seen this one of darling Ella Bean. I didn't do too much to this photo, just softened her already soft skin and popped those stunning blue eyes.

I played with this picture the most, I thought it was good before...but looking back it was just okay. This is one of my dear friend's hubby and this picture captured his personality better than any of the photographs the paid photographer caught. He was chatting it up with his buddies and I was snapping away. This are the moments that I love to catch.

And this is the stunning bride! This picture is touched up with "touch of color" action, which gave it a soft whimsical feeling.

Just the other day I shared this picture. I made very few changes, softened the skin and popped the eyes.


And this is one of my favorite subjects. He was much easier to shoot before he started walking or should I say running away or wanting to be behind the camera himself.

I can't wait to get the prints back and see if they look as good as I hope that they will!

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh - i just love these! I can't wait to see what you do with Evan's pics!

    =) Nona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Christine,
    I have been tagged, so I am tagging you, you can read the rules on my blog at leannesscraps.blogspot.com
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are awesome! You do a great job! Don't be nervous, because your work speaks perfection. What type of printer did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw - you've been tagged. go to my blog to see the details. i'm sorry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the picture of blake! I hope your prints come out as great as they look on screen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good at this! I can't wait to see the prints!

    btw, Ella keeps looking at that pic of herself and starts smiling and talking to it, lol! I guess she just knows she's gorgeous! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine,

    Those pics are AMAZING!! I just love them. What kind of photo software do you use and what kind of camera? I swear I saw somewhere that you had just bought one? Anyway, I would totally pay you to take our family pics too bad you aren't closer!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...