Monday, March 17, 2008

Friday Photo Challenge - Funny (and Sad)

This is probably the funniest picture I have ever had and fit Jenn's Friday Photo Challenge! This is a picture that would be best titled "What were you thinking!" For some reason my cousin, Susan, and I thought it would be a great idea to climb in a rabbit cage with my cat Cinder. I have no clue how we got in as the opening was probably no bigger than 6" x 6", but I sure remember our parents trying to get us out. The things that kids will do!

Sadly, my cousin passed away this last year. She was riding the train back home to her babies in Montana after visiting family here in Washington. From what I understand, she complained of having a difficult time breathing. Shortly after, they found her in her seat and she was gone! Since then we have discovered that it was likely due to a heart problem. She was only 27 years old. If you think about it please keep her babies and her dear mother in your prayers, not only did she lose her only daughter, she lost her only son when he was a toddler. Life has not been kind!

It took me a long time to send my thoughts as it still brings me to tears and let me tell you tears on cardstock, not such a pretty thing. Any how, I created this card to send. I purposefully made it cheery...I'm sure she has received plenty of sad/sorrowful cards.

Quote reads: "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."

1 comment:

  1. Great card, I love it! And that picture is priceless!

    Oh,and Nate wanted me to tell you thanks for sharing that pic, because that eliminates the mystery of whether or not we'll be able to fit more than one kid into a rabbit cage should we decide that we need one. ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...